Friday, September 1, 2023

Artist of the Day, September 1, 2023: Giulia Caruso, an emerging Italian born, Spanish painter, fashion designer (#1894)

Giulia Caruso, originally Italian, is known for her colorful pop portraits inspired by women and the magical colors of sunset on the island. She has previously worked in fashion and independent films, but it was in 2010 she took the decision to move to Ibiza with her husband and children, and realize her calling as an artist.

My work is inspired and born from the female energies of Ibiza. My color palette is taken from the sunsets of the island: pink, lilac, light blue, and purple. I am inspired by the power of women and female empowerment.

My background is in fashion, so fabrics are for me are a great source of inspiration.  I am inspired by fashion trends, which I find from editorials past, as well as fashion history.  I also work with video and film, so truthfully i am inspired by culture in general. Over the past few years, I feel obsessed by visual anthropology, and am influenced by people
.

How has this year changed your creativity or how you see the world changing moving forward?
My career all began with Covid. I am vary grateful for the pandemic as it made me look even more into my interior world. I believe we are powerful creatures and we are able to create in any situation. It is always a matter of choice.

Do you think the art world needs changing, if so how could it improve? 
The art world is exploding more than ever and I believe that for us creatives there are more and more opportunities every day. The fashion world is including and relying on art now like never before.  I strongly believe that things flow how they must. Many artists feel stuck to their galleries,, or unable to weave between their creative side and commercial. As artists, and human beings, we have many choices in order to get it right, but this depends on us. When something comes from the heart and is pure, the message will arrive, and there will be an audience for good art!  Sky is the limit.         

What does wellbeing mean to you?
Wellbeing for me is the ability to be grateful for what I have without letting my thoughts and worries take over my day.  It is also being able to live the life I want in the place I love, feeling grateful every morning when I come into the studio and I close my door. Thats when magic happens.

© 2023. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Giulia Caruso or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only

Ms. Giulia Caruso
 Hydriris, 2020
 Masculine over Feminine energy, 2020
Mothermoon, 2020
Ornella, 2020
 Senso, 2020
Sunset in cala nova, 2020
 Alterego ligh, 2021
 Beduin, 2021
Blue, 2021
Cinderella's Midnight Bus, 2021
 Luna, 2021
 Marie Antoniette, 2021
mediatic circus, 2021
Pacha Mama está de Fiesta, 2021
Poppy, 2021
Queen of Hearts, 2021
 Unfaithful, 2021
 Linda, 2022
 VirGin, 2022
Yuki, 2022
Ana
Fisches sketch
Untitled
Wonderlust
Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment