Friday, October 21, 2022

Artist of the Day, October 21, 2022: Agata Żychlińska, a Polish emerging artist (#1679)

 Agata Żychlińska
"It is all about communication. A person trying to understand one of its own species, but also one of another. Relationships are building blocks of our life. A partner, a mother, a grandmother, a neighbor, an employer. More or less intimate, public, secret, for show or real. You can find that out if you look closely, it is in the gestures and poses, and looks. Look for them in my paintings, as I try to understand this language. It is not about a realistic portrait but rather capturing the essence. By meanings of shapes, I want to tell that kind of universal stories like love, abandonment, hate, suffering, and loneliness. I want to try and find a new solution for the most typical forms using my own, individual language."

Agata Anna Żychlińska says of her work, “I tell the story of situations and experiences that are close to me or that I have witnessed. I believe that this is the most honest approach because it is really difficult to tell a story of something that I have not personally experienced. I believe that beauty is concealed in everyday routines of our lives. So, why wouldn’t I make this the subject of my art? It’s like a reconstruction of everyday life that I can preserve on canvas.

In 2016 she graduated from Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, the Faculty of Painting, under the artistic supervision of Andrzej Klimczak-Dobrzaniecki and Paweł Lewandowski-Palle. Her works are in numerous private collections in Poland, the UK, Taiwan, German, India and the USA.

© 2022. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Agata Żychlińska or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only

Ms. Agata Żychlińska

 

No comments:

Post a Comment