Thursday, October 26, 2023

Artist of the Day, October 26, 2023: Rae Ripple, an American metal artist, television personality, stunt rider and author (#1941)

Rae Ripple is a world renowned metal artist, television personality, stunt rider and author. Her work has been featured in magazines, television shows, and documentary films. Along the way, Rae has worked with companies like Lincoln Electric, Hypertherm, Northern Tool, Dickies, Harley Davidson, Netflix and many more.

Each person has a purpose. We strive for something to live for, seeking reason in every decision in each waking moment of life.

From the time I was born, I felt I had no purpose. At 14, I was homeless. I struggled and bounced around from job to job. Waitressing, tow-truck driving, fighting fires, you name it – I tried it. But the pain I felt since childhood didn’t go away.

Until I picked up a paintbrush and started painting. I felt lighter with each brush stroke. But I needed more of a release. I sketched, I bent wire, I cut sheet metal pieces with tin snips, and spent months cutting, wrapping, and joining pieces by hand.

But nothing sufficed. Until I picked up a plasma cutter and began welding. I finally found my purpose – to create and share art with the world. Now, I spend my days painting murals, creating metal sculptures, and helping out around the community. I try to share my passion everywhere I go, in hopes I can inspire, teach, or help someone else find their release and in turn, their purpose.

© 2023. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Rae Ripple or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only 

Ms. Rae Ripple

 

No comments:

Post a Comment