Friday, October 18, 2024

Artist of the Day, October 18, 2024: Audun Alvestad, a Norwegian emerging artist, painter (#2140)

Audun Alvestad (1980) is a Norwegian emerging artist, painter who received his MFA form the Kunsthogskolen in Bergen in 2016, after studying at the Det kongelige Danske Kunstakademi, Copenhagen and receiving his BFA from the Kunsthogskolen I Bergen, Avd Kunstakademiet in 2009. Alvestad's paintings typically centre around "average Joe" types engaged in everyday tasks such as mowing the lawn, ironing shirts, or bathing. He has referenced his interest in exploring society's changing gender roles and social structures as the reason for focusing on this subject. Additionally, he relies on generic types because they provide more space to play with the formal aspects of the painting.

Solo exhibitions include (Upcoming) Kristin Hjellegjerde Gallery, West Palm Beach, Florida; All This Talk of Getting Old, QB gallery, Oslo, Norway; As If You Had a Choice in the Matter, Kristin Hjellegjerde Gallery, London, UK;  Priority Lane, Kristin Hjellegjerde Gallery, Berlin; Tan Lines, Kristin Hjellegjerde Gallery, London;

In 2017 Audun Alvestad received a 3-year working grant for young artist from the Arts Council Norway, Prosjektstøtte, Norwegian association of Artists. In addition, in 2016 Audun Alvestad was granted Statens utstillingsstipend, from the Arts Council Norway, Prosjektstøtte. Alvestad's work can be found in many public and private collections amongst them the Bunker Artspace; the Preuss Collection, the Azman Museum, the Drake and the Lohia Collection.

© 2024. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Audun Alvestad  or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only

Audun Alvestad
 The rules of the game, 2023
The night is young, but I am old, 2023
The code of silence #2, 2023
 The carpenter, 2023
 Successful in all my lies, 2023
One more chance to be aroused, 2023
 Once I had a passion for beginnings, 2023
Maybe you been around too , 2023
 It's not like I got hurt or broken, 2023
 I understand now that it was not to be understood, 2023
I smile when Im happy, I smile when Im sad, 2023
I Missed Me, 2023
I forgot that you existed, 2023
I always take the long way home #4, 2023
Untitled Nº 9, 2022
 Untitled Nº 8, 2022
 Untitled Nº 3, 2022
 Untitled Nº 1, 2022
Too high, too far, too soon, 2022
 The privilege that briefly accommodates youth, 2022
It wasn't supposed to go down like this, 2022
It was just a dream some of us had, 2022
I am no one, but I am now, 2022
 Growing up is difficult and its not guaranteed, 2022
Everything was really nice, until everything started falling apart, 2022
Lets get into the water, 2021
 Sometimes a party takes you places that you really didnt plan on going, 2019
I've got blood in my mouth cause I've been biting my tongue all week, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment