Friday, February 18, 2022

Artists of the Day, February 18, 2022: few of my friends artists (#1500)

1500 Posts and what a journey it has been! To make this day special, I decided to pick 8 artists that have had a profound influence on me. Of course, if I had the space I could  give credit to 100s of artists, but I don't want to be repetitive. It was a tough challenge to pick these and the order in which I present them is irrelevant. Please sit back and enjoy a few of them!
Cheers and the hope that I get to 2000 posts!
© 2022. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Artist of the Day/Michel Bergeron or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only

 


Nancy Alexander
I met Nancy 5 years ago. She is now my partner, my rock, my best friend and my reason to be an artist. We push each other as conceptual artists. Here are some samples of her pottery, she is also turning into an incredible painter. Enjoy her work!
 








 

 


 

Alexander Wyrick
Alex is Nancy's son. Alex has been really busy as a digital product designer and I'm presenting a few artworks from our personal collection. Alex will be also a dad in a few months, Congratulations! As you can see, the apple never falls far from the tree! Enjoy his work



 

 


Maria Stefanovic
Maria is the Executive Director from Leesburg Center for the Arts. She is extremely busy, but she can still find some time to paint. She is the business brain of the arts. I learned so much from her as to push a concept as far as it can go, and never be afraid to be different! Enjoy!!!




Arrachme Art
My dear friend Arrachme is the heart and soul of the arts. I have never met someone so completely dedicated and passionate about her work! Even if I think she has reached her maximum, give her couple of days and she will come with something new, wonderful and different. She is an artworld superstar! Enjoy!!!

 






Sophia Hurtt
Sophia is a very young talented artist (16 Years old). I know her from her mother (Debbie). The first contact I had was few years ago, She was 14 at the time, and her drawing and painting really blew my mind away. She is now student in France, so I only have 2 pieces to show from our private collection. So, Sophia, good luck with the school (and the French)! Can't wait to see you back!



Christian Bernard (Narbero)
I know Christian from the time I had the studio in Miami. Christian was a mentor to me, teaching me about fiberglass, plaster, murals, etc... We lost track in the last 5 years and I will be always in admiration of his murals - the Dolores and Sentinel series, etc...







Mamta Saighal
While I was in Mumbai as mentor for the biggest design firm in India, I was lucky to have 42 of the best designers, Martha was a Junior at that time and I saw an incredible potential. We work together and she delivers great designs. Today she is on her own and I'm so proud of her to see her design evolution. I'm proud of you Mamtha. Congratulation!

 






Michael Bigger (1937-2011)
Known internationally for his large, colorful metal compositions and outsized personality, Michael was also a charismatic teacher . He was my mentor at Franconia Sculpture Park; he patiently taught me welding techniques and how to translate a concept to a scale model, then to a full large piece of art. Michael passed away in 2011 and it was a big loss for me. I miss you Michael!







No comments:

Post a Comment