Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Artist of the day, June 13: Robin Wight, British sculptor

Robin Wight (1960) (founder of FantasyWire) creates incredible stainless steel wire fairy sculptures that enchant any garden or outdoor area they grace. Based out of Staffordshire, England, the artist’s handmade sculptures are uniquely crafted to their environment. Wight was first inspired by an inexplicable encounter a few years back which he recalls: “A couple of years ago, while trying out my new camera, I took the picture (below) in the woods at the bottom of my garden. It was only later when looking at the results that I spotted the figure in the tree. It’s obviously a trick of the light coming through the trees. What else could it be? Whatever it is, it captured my imagination and inspired me to use the idea in my sculpture.”

© 2018. All images are copyrighted © by Robin Wight/Fantasywire Ltd. The use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained.



Mr Robin Wight

The process

The process

The process

The process

The process

The process

The process









































No comments:

Post a Comment