Monday, June 18, 2018

Artist of the day June 18: Jordan Buckner, British animator, art director, CGI artist

When I was a young art student, I once stumbled across a grotty copy of On The Way to Work; a book detailing the work life of Damien Hirst. Hirst was never an artist that connected with me, but the opening lines of that book have always drifted into my life whenever I forget what my job is...

    "Once you rub something out, it's still there really, isn't it? I mean it actually physically is there. That's why [Francis] Bacon is fantastic, because he doesn't rub out. He just accepts his lot...It's not like acting being an artist. It's like: "Live with it, you cunt." If it's weak, that's you. To be weak publicly is a great way to make art."

And so this is me...both in honesty and crudity. I am a working artist and animator, born in a dead part of England, and making work about what that means. I've been working as a freelancer on a variety of animation and illustration projects for the past five years, but recently, things changed, and I'm now working independently on more personal things.

Outside of my practice, I lecture in Art Direction for Animation at the University of Portsmouth, and teach Digital Painting at the University for the Creative Arts.
Jordan Buckner

© 2018. All images are copyrighted © by Jordan Buckner. The use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained.



Mr Jordan Buckner



Landscape experiment

2001- A Space Odyssey poster

2001- A Space Odyssey

CGI head sculpt

CGI head sculpt

CGI head sculpt

Peaceful Shadow

Agaricus - The Life Cycle of a Mushroom

Agaricus - The Life Cycle of a Mushroom

Agaricus - The Life Cycle of a Mushroom

Akira

Alien

Blade Runner posters

Blade Runner

Character Thumbnails

Character silhouettes

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Colour Studies

Colour Studies

Colour Studies

Composition Studies

Composition Studies

Composition Studies

Composition Studies









Doodles

Endure and survive



La Jetée

Mad max

Merry Christmas! personal greetings

Metropolis

Midnight Delivery

Monument Valley exploration

Monument Valley exploration

The Moon

No Gods or Kings. Only Man

Proposal

River fortress

River fortress

River fortress

Star Wars

Star Wars ep VI: Return of the Jedi

street studies

The Empire Strikes Back

the fly

The forest

The Lost - Marmoset Test

The Pass

The Traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment