Thursday, September 2, 2021

Artist of the day, September 2, 2021: Justin Alsedek, an American Painter, muralist (#1354)

 Justin Alsedek
My journey began in Harrisburg Pennsylvania in a home which creativity and music was encouraged. I have had an eye for capturing scenes and personality in my work since before I can remember. My parents set me free with a camera and the world never looked the same again. This desire to create lead me on a path towards art school to fine tune my abilities, hone in on my talents and broaden my horizons. During my time as an art student I got a summer position drawing portraits for Kamans Art Shoppes in Hershey Park. There they trained me to use chalk pastels to draw quick lifelike portraits of park goers. I fell in love with the art of live portraiture, and continued to work for them for five years.

 I graduated from Pennsylvania College of Art and Design in 2007 with a bachelors degree in fine art photography. It was during my fifth year with Kamans that I decided to take an adventurous chance. In 2008 I decided to quit my job, I told my boss that I needed to go on a spiritual journey to find myself. I had made a plan to tent camp thirty minutes from the Ocean City MD boardwalk, drive into town every evening to set up and draw live portraits for “generous donations” (at this point you were not allowed to set a price as a street artist.) Met with open arms and open wallets I soon was making enough money that I was able to rent a cabin not far from work. After two summers of this I decided to take another risky leap of faith.

I packed my car up for Key West to go draw portraits at Mallory Square’s sunset celebration. In key West I met many traveling artists, musicians and found another place to call home. It’s become a life practice for me to take off to new places spreading my art along the way. I have had the fortune of seeing many beautiful places in and out of our country. The exotic and the geologically astounding sites have inspired many pictures and paintings for me. It’s been my preference and pleasure to meet new people and places as the Gypsea Artist I am, doing business the old fashion way.

After 8 years of pretty steady travel I have landed now in Ocala Florida with my wife and son, where my art career has unexpectedly blossomed. I have been taking on a variety of art commissions, working on personal art projects, traveling to juried art festivals to sell my works and recently have been creating Murals.

© 2021. All content on this blog is protected by international copyright laws All images are copyrighted © by Justin Alsedek or assignee. Apart from fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act, the use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. All images used for illustrative purposes only


 Justin Alsedek

 Justin at work

 2020, Creative Refuge "selfie  mural"

 20020 Creative Refuge "selfie  mural" The making

Discover the Wonder

 An afternoon in the eyes of nature

Blue Hue-Manatee

Frank

 I Wear Cause I Care

Moody Blue, a.k.a. Big Bob Macaw

 Peace within the Great Flow

Sun's Embrace

A Horse With No Name

Max and Vivian

Blue horse

Celebrating Summer

Face Wallentry

 Flight of the first flamingo

 Fourth Flight: Stage of Opportunity

Great Conscious Breath

Mood Swings

Neon Sally

Rosie's Day Off

 See Life III

Song of eternal beauty

Turning point

Uncertainty's Rainbow

Unsure Bert

Brother In Me

Is that a Platypus?

Mystery's Intuition

Neon Dreamer

See Life II

 

No comments:

Post a Comment