Saturday, July 21, 2018

Artist of the day, July 21-22: Dave Pollot, Repurposed & Enhanced Thrift Art Parodies

Dave Pollot is a New York based artist who is known for his altered thrift art paintings.  He finds abandoned artwork and adds his own touch – most often pop culture parodies – and in doing so, bridges the divide between classic and pop art.

His artwork has been displayed and found homes in galleries, businesses, and private collections in all 50 states and in over 40 countries around the globe.  His work has attracted attention from the media both in the U.S. and abroad, including Business Insider, Instagram, and the Chive, and his corporate clients include SONY, Instagram, and Troegs Brewing Company among others.   When he’s not painting, he can be found spending time with his wife and two dogs.

“Before I began repurposing discarded thrift art, I painted more ‘serious’ architectural paintings and landscapes,” writes Pollot. “While I loved this, I found that I got bored very quickly (which resulted in about three completed paintings a year). Bringing new life to old art, though, brings interesting challenges with each new piece. I try to make my ‘additions’ (which are often references to and parodies of my favorite movies and video games) look as though they were there the entire time. With a world so full of serious questions, I’m just trying to let viewers laugh as they construct their own narrative from some new oil paint humorously added to some old, neglected bit of Americana.”

© 2018. All images are copyrighted © by Dave Pollot. The use of any image from this site is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained.




Mr Dave Pollot

 Dave Pollot Identity
























































1 comment: